The Process: Step 1 For Buying a Home in Denver
Step #1: An Overview of the Buying Process
Buying a home, especially if you are relocating from outside of Denver, is an exciting yet sometimes overwhelming process. The information on this site is intended to ease this process through a “one-stop” shopping experience. The Denver neighborhood profiles, combined with the customized neighborhood search features, give you an idea of the “flavor” of the neighborhood as well as the price point in that area.
The additional content in this section, while neither exciting nor exhaustive, will acquaint you with the home buying process in Denver. Furthermore, as your exclusive buyer’s agent**, this is what you can expect from working with an agent from Sage + Sparrow Real Estate.
- Assist you in finding a home from MLS that meets your needs
- Schedule, preview, and show these homes
- Provide a list of ethical, reliable and competitive lenders so you can get pre-qualified
- Conduct a competitive market analysis of your favorite homes to determine value
- Construct an advantageous offer with your full input
- Advocating on your behalf while presenting your offer
- Continue follow-up and negotiate terms with the listing broker
- Meet you at the inspection
- Explain the Colorado real estate contracts and implications
- Constant communication and coordination with all vendors or agents
- Provide you with a list of reliable home vendors
- Watch and inform you of dates and deadlines
- Review title and closing documents and attend closing to address any last minute issues
** Colorado real estate agents can represent buyer’s as either a “Buyer’s Agent/Broker” or as a “Transaction Broker”. In a nutshell, a Buyer’s Agent has a fiduciary responsibility to advocate on behalf of the Buyer whereas a Transaction Broker simply communicates information between parties. Click here for a more detailed explanation of agency relations from the Colorado Real Estate Commission.